From the Episcopal Diocese of Chicago
Message from Presiding Bishop Michael Curry
Meet the New Bishop for the Diocese of Chicago
Celebrate Bishop Lee!
The Standing Committee is pleased to announce that the slate of four candidates for the 13th Bishop of Chicago, which was announced on October 5, has become the final slate. The petition period closed on October 12, and Standing Committee received no nominations by petition.
The Standing Committee urges the people of the diocese to participate in Candidate Conversations, online events planned by the Transition Committee that are a primary tool for discernment in the bishop election process. See the schedule below in this newsletter. Bishop Lee has called for the electing convention to take place online on December 12
- Thursday, November 5 at 6 pm, hosted by the Joliet and Peoria Deaneries
- Friday, November 6 at 10 am, hosted by the Elgin and Rockford Deaneries
- Saturday, November 7 at 12 pm, hosted by the Hispanic Affairs Committee
- Thursday, November 12 at 6 pm, hosted by the Evanston and Waukegan Deaneries
- Friday, November 13 at 10 am, hosted by the Chicago-North and Chicago-South Deaneries
- Saturday, November 14 at 12 pm, hosted by the Aurora and Oak Park Deaneries
Each Candidate Conversation will be led by a moderator and will include questions that have been submitted in advance, along with questions submitted during the session by attendees.